Teacher Training and Student Development
This bookshelf cannot cover all the skills that are required from Muslim teachers. It also presents excellent classical and contemporary works that help students of sacred knowledge align their priorities and be more productive in their pursuit for knowledge.
We strongly recommend referring to our other bookshelf as well including:
Adult Learning, Teaching Children, Islamic Perspective on Education (including teaching methods of Prophet PBUH), Overview of Religious Institutions, Educational Psychology and Research Methods.
Educational Strategies and Educational Excellence:
Essential Teaching Skills (Download)
A Tutor's manual for teaching and learning at University of Queensland (Download)
Assessment Methods (Download)
Types of Assessment Activities - University of Sydney (Download)
Design Assessment tools for quality outcomes in VET (Download)
Accelerated Learning Strategies - University of Bradford (Download)
Blended Learning in Saudi Arabian Universities (Download)
How to give feedback to students - An advanced guide (Download)
Australia has one of the most well-designed and comprehensive system of vocational and technical education encompassing more than 500 qualifications in a variety of sectors.
One of the most popular qualifications to develop teaching and assessment skills is "Certificate IV in Training and Assessment".
To me, the four most distinguishing features of this system are:
1. Liaison with industries to identify most required skills
2. Identification of clear objectives and expected outcomes for each learning objective
3. Competency based assessment based on acquisition of right evidence of competence and assessment through best practices methods (competence is assessed against each learning objective ensuring that required outcome is achieved)
4. A continuous professional development structure for teachers and trainers
Adopting these practices can hugely improve achievement of required learning objectives in religious education sector as well.
- English - 7 Golden Ettiquettes For Seeking Knowledge (Download)
- English - Islamic Pedagogy (Download)
- English - Characteristics Of Effective Teachers (Audio: Download)
- Urdu - Dars e Nizami ki Kitabain kaisay Parhai jaein (Read / Download)
- Urdu - Deeni Taleem Ki Ahmiyat - Mufti Shoab Miftahi (Download)
- Urdu - Deeni Taleem Ki Ahmiyyat O Fazilat Aur Hasool E Ilam Key Baaz Aham Adaab (Read / Download)
- Urdu - Ummat Mein Aetiqadi o Amali Bigaarh By Mufti Shoibullah Khan Miftahi امت میں اعتقادی وعملی بگاڑ (Read / Download)
- Urdu - Responsibilities of Ulema in present times (موجودہ دور کے فکری چیلنجز اور فضلا کی ذمہ داری) - Download
- Urdu - Cheeni (Chinese) Nizam e Taleem - Institute of Policy Studies, Pakistan (Download)